|Country of Birth||United Kingdom|
|Birthday||January 12, 1997|
|Xbox One ID||ego ln|
|Jan 2018 - March 2018||Aerox Esports|
|April 2018 - June 2018||Apollo Impact|
|August 2018 - PRESENT||All Stars|
Liam Ego Nocivelli is a half Welsh, half Italian Halo competitive player who is currently the team captain for All Stars. He joined the organisation in August 2018.
Ego is a former chef who was born on 12th January 1997, in Newport, South Wales. He started playing competitively in Halo in Summer 2017.
Halo 5: Guardians
He joined Aerox Esports alongside, WorstMethod, Neji and BestStrategy in January 2018 and would compete with them until March 2018, with this team placing in the top 24 at Halo World Championship 2018 - Season 1. He left Aerox in March 2018 due to not being contracted, and there were personal issues regarding training.
He then went on and signed for Apollo Impact, but due to a lack of competitions around the time, there weren't any placings for the team. He left Apollo Impact with the team in June 2018 due to the organisation providing "false promises and he felt uncomfortable putting everything in their hands when they didn't get things done".
He joined All Stars alongside Savier, Procisionite and Shadow, with LiteTheDuck as a coach, in August 2018. He is going to be going onto play at Gfinity London 2018 - S2
Team and Tournament History
|Halo 5||2018 Halo World Championship - S1||16th - 24th||Aerox Esports||WorstMethod, Neji and BestStrategy|
August 11th, 2018
- What's your favorite game?:
- Ego: "I enjoy every game in Halo because they all have different aspects that I love, like Halo 3 I will always love as it's the first game I ever played in the Halo series. Halo 2 has some great stories with Halo 4 being the game when I started online play. Halo 5 will always stick in my heart because that's the game where I started competing competitively."
- What are your hobbies?:
- Ego: "I enjoy streaming and I enjoy Halo, but I am going to be starting the gym soon as it can help with my mental health and boost my confidence."
- What is the one struggle when breaking into the Halo scene?:
- Ego: "My one struggle, is obviously, my shot, but mainly my personality; Not many teams have that emotion needed and neither do many players, but I want to change that and show that you can play with skills and emotion and that professional Halo players are not just robots."
- Outside of esports, what has been your occupation in the past?:
- Ego: "I am a former chef because it's a safety backup and everyone will always need food so there will always be jobs in the hospitality sector, so if I have experience and qualifications as a chef, it's like a safety net, and I can always return to it if I need to."
- What is your favourite esports team?:
- Ego: "My favourite Esports team is Splyce because they were always the underdog and they adapted and started doing 2v2 competitions with the team instead of scrims, and really changed the way the teams practised in Halo."
- What are your future goals?:
- Ego: "I want a full-time career in Esports, after going to the Gfinity London in February, I realized my passion for Esports, but who knows where Esports will take me. I could potentially end up coaching, managing or casting teams and events."
- What one player have you enjoyed playing with?:
- Ego: "There isn’t one set player that I have really enjoyed playing with because of who I am, but to be honest, I really enjoy playing with pretty much everyone, especially my teammates."
- What one player have you enjoyed playing against?:
- Ego: "I like to play against players that I don't like or players that are just better than me. I like playing against players that I don't like because it really motivates me to be better than them and to outsmart them and prove that I am better, and I will be a champion. I like playing against players that are better than me because it makes me want to show why I shouldn't be overlooked and why I can actually be better and learn from them at the same time."
- What's your view on the future of Halo Esports?:
- Ego: "The future of the Halo Esports scene really depends on 343. They may have started to listen more, yet they may still not be listening enough so he is worried that they may have just gone back to everything before Halo 5, but they should try to utilise the classic Halo game."
- What is the best thing about Halo esports?:
- Ego: "The best thing about Halo esports are the events and the feeling you get competing on the stage and meeting people. Especially in the EU because it’s so small and there is so much hype because you have played with a lot of people online. It's also great because of the people that get involved such as Goldenboy, but LAN is the best thing, and you need to attend whether going to play or not."
- What is the worst thing about Halo esports?:
- Ego: "The worst thing about Halo esports is the toxicity. When people come into the scene, new players don’t have the support and players just try to shut them down, we should all be supporting each other."
- Would you ever consider any other Esport?:
- Ego: "I don't know, I am passionate about Halo but if I am offered the opportunity to, I would like to try the Call of Duty scene, as I think I’d be better at it because Halo takes a lot more strategy than Call of Duty."
- What one moment in Halo will you remember forever?:
- Ego: "My first event. My interview on the main stage, I got up, jumped and celebrated with the team as soon as I won and I remember the Gfinity staff coming over asking me for an interview. They put makeup on me and seeing the interview and people commenting on it was insane and I never thought I’d reach that level of support."
- Have you sacrificed much for esports?:
- Ego: "I have sacrificed time mainly. I put so much time and effort into it that I feel like I should be getting beret at it but I have also sacrificed relationships as I try to schedule things right to make it into a career."
- What’s your favourite thing about Esportspedia?
- Ego: "The staff at Halo Esportspedia for making the effort and wanting to do an interview with me."
|Monday||12:00 - 16:00||17:00 - 21:00|
|Tuesday||12:00 - 16:00||17:00 - 21:00|
|Wednesday||N/A||17:00 - 21:00|
|Thursday||17:00 - 21:00||N/A|
|Friday||12:00 - 16:00||17:00 - 21:00|
|Saturday||N/A||12:00 - 16:00|
|Sunday||12:00 - 16:00||17:00 - 21:00|